Decaf coffee has come a long way in the last few years. While decaf was almost famous for its bland taste and aroma, these days it just keeps getting better and better.
Decaf can taste great too
Coffee is a great way to start the day. But sometimes we like to enjoy a cup of great tasting coffee but don’t want the caffeine. That, of course, is where decaf coffee comes in.
Decaf has been around for a while, but it’s often overshadowed by its caffeinated counterpart. There are now more options than ever when it comes to great tasting decaf coffee. So, if you’re looking to cut down on your caffeine intake, or you simply want to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee without the jitters, check out our list of the best decaf coffees below.
Great tasting decaf coffees are here
There are many decaf coffees on the market, but not all of them taste great. In this article, we’ll recommend some of the best decaf coffees out there we have sourced for you so that you too can enjoy a delicious cup of decaf. Great tasting decaf isn’t that hard to find at I Love Decaf.
Where to buy decaf coffee that tastes great
There are a few key things to look for when shopping for decaf coffee that tastes great.
- First, make sure to find a brand that you trust. May we humbly suggest I Love Decaf? There are a lot of decaf coffees on the market, but not all of them are created equal. Here at I Love Decaf we took on the challenge to find great tasting decaf. It wasn’t easy but as soon as we stopped drinking mass-market brands and supermarket own brands, we did a lot of research and found the suppliers that use high quality beans and roast them well.
- Second, pay attention to the grind. If you’re using a drip coffee maker, you’ll want to use a medium grind. If you’re making espresso, you’ll want to use a fine grind. And if you’re using a French press, you’ll want to use a coarse grind. The wrong grind can make even the best coffee taste bad. For more info on the grind that will work with your coffee maker, see our grand grind guide here.
- Finally, buy fresh beans. Coffee beans start going stale as soon as they’re roasted, so you’ll want to buy from a roaster who sells fresh beans. If you can’t find fresh beans, look for vacuum-sealed bags that have been roasted within the last week or two. Avoid beans that have been sitting on shelves for months – they’ll be stale and won’t taste very good.
More tips to keep your great tasting coffee tasting great:
- Whatever coffee machine or maker you own, we have the perfect grind to get the best flavour out
- Fresh: your coffee is ground the day that you order
- Keep the freshness in with our bags
- Perfect for all kinds of coffeemaker, be it filter machine, French press, espresso or pods
This decaf/caffeinated mash-up is officially designated as ‘half-caff’. A tasty Organic coffee with less caffeine if you don’t fancy an immediate caffeine cut. Also, a coffee with more caffeine if you think you have cut too quickly. Great if you are not an ‘all or nothing’ sort, but even better if you love the notes of orange and cocoa praline oozing from this amalgamation of ethically picked coffee beans from the Nicaraguan Jinotega Estate and Swiss Water decaffeinated Organic Fairtrade Honduran beans.
A brew from the Central American home of beautiful coffee for over 220 years, our organic, Fairtrade, chemical-free Swiss Water decaf method coffee grown at high altitude among the rain forests of Honduras is a serious brew for coffee aficionados, which is why Hondurans keep 90% of their coffee to themselves and export the rest with tears in their eyes.
Our Brasilia Swiss Water is made from specialty arabica beans grown in the perfect climate, this bold and satisfyingly smooth coffee produces notes of rich dark chocolate that’s consistent throughout the year.
The Mountain Water Process coffee is a higher quality process than the Swiss Water Decaf Method, as it’s certified Organic. The flavoid-saturated water dissolves most of the caffeine but leaves the taste intact. And what a taste that is – a truly authentic-tasting decaf brew, that’s suitable from your first morning cup to after-dinner in polite crockery.
A reliable, tasty, medium roasted decaf, a cut above a typical coffee shop Italian decaf, with a well-balanced smooth medium roast of expertly blended Arabica beans that loses none of the great taste, and most of the caffeine drama. Happy Medium Roasted Decaf Coffee is ideal for a filtered Americano and also plays nice in the cafetière. It tastes as great as any coffee, decaf or otherwise. Brewed from Brazilian beans and, like all our coffees, a great tasting decaf.
I Love Decaf is the only UK destination for the best decaf coffee. We supply decaf coffee beans, pods, filter and ground decaf coffee for those who love the taste of decaf coffee.